Pumpkin: Digestion Super Food!
- 1 November 2017
- 0 Comments
When your pet has diarrhea, it’s no fun for anyone. One quick, easy, and natural solution to help get your pet’s digestive tract back on track is to add pumpkin! Adding pumpkin to your dog’s diet has many advantages… and they LOVE it! Pumpkin is full of vitamins, minerals (A, E, and C, and potassium and iron) and is high in fiber.
- Absorbs water from your dog stool
- Produces fatty acids and fiber fermentation
- Supplies energy to cells
- Stimulates intestinal sodium
- Reduces the growth or activity of bacteria in the intestines
- Lowers the pH level of the large intestine
Although pumpkins are seasonal, you can find canned pumpkin year round. We recommend using organic canned pumpkin to ensure that it has a higher concentration of fiber and nutritional value compared to fresh pumpkin. It is important to watch the water, salt, spices, sugar, or other additives on the ingredient label. Pet Wants on The Avenue offers organic packaged pumpkin year round at our store or you can add it to your order on our website!
Diarrhea is no fun… so get creative!
- Mix a spoonful in with your dog’s dry kibble!
- Bake pumpkin into homemade treats!
- Freeze pumpkin in a Kong!
- Freeze pumpkin into ice cubes!